Solution 12: Count to Four and Get Motivated NOW!
Count to Four and Get Motivated NOW! Solution 12 of How to Be The Best! For more information, see >>>> Table of Contents.
“When you’re angry, count to ten! When you’re UNmotivated, count to four! Four baby steps.” ~ @CheckMeDaily
Solutions 11 – 14 are super simplistic baby steps yet powerful motivators for when you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed and cannot get started. If even thinking about making positive changes seems too difficult, then solutions 11 – 14 will work wonders to get you in motion easily and effortlessly.
12. Count to Four and Get Motivated NOW!
by Sherry Piatti
Lets face it we’ve all been there, stuck in a rut and feeling as though even the simplest tasks are insurmountable. We can either down an energy drink or mood altering drug, or we can work through the lesson and move on to greater and bigger things one baby step at a time with the simple count to four technique.
For example, during my low energy times I use the count to four method to motivate myself to fix the bed. Count 1. Remove pillows. And with this one action we’re off to the races. Then move on to 2. Remove covers 3. Replace covers 4. Replace pillows. I don’t say the words, but I count 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 while performing each task.
As stated in solution 11, “A body at rest stays at rest, a body in motion stays in motion.” The simple count to four exercise of breaking the task into manageable pieces helps to ignite auto-pilot and before you know it the job is done!
When my energy is depleted I use the count to four technique for folding laundry, washing dishes, writing lists or staying positive. When a task seems insurmountable and you just can’t get started, break-it-down into four (or more) manageable pieces. For progress and stress relief, the count to four technique works!
If solutions 11 – 14 are still not enough to help you “move up the emotional scale” as Abraham Hicks describes, then I suggest reading the post titled:
BONUS SECTION: If you would like to learn more about how to “move up the emotional scale” with Abraham Hicks’ 22 processes (shown below), I recommend acquiring the book, “Ask and It Is Given” by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The 22 processes are tools to help you move up the emotional guidance scale. You will also find the Emotional Guidance Scale and Processes Legend on the attached ===>>> PDF
- Process #1: The Rampage of Appreciation
- Process #2: The Magical Creation Box
- Process #3: The Creative Workshop
- Process #4: Virtual Reality
- Process #5: The Prosperity Game
- Process #6: The Process of Meditation
- Process #7: Evaluating Dreams
- Process #8: The Book of Positive Aspects
- Process #9: Scripting
- Process #10: The Place Mat Process
- Process #11: Segment Intending
- Process #12: Wouldn’t It Be Nice If . . . ?
- Process #13: Which Thought Feels Better?
- Process #14: The Process of Clearing Clutter for Clarity
- Process #15: The Wallet Process
- Process #16: Pivoting
- Process #17: The Focus Wheel Process
- Process #18: Finding the Feeling-Place
- Process #19: Releasing Resistance to Become Free of Debt
- Process #20: Turning It Over to the Manager
- Process #21: Reclaiming One’s Natural State of Health
- Process #22: Moving Up the Emotional Scale
Feature ©Photo by Photo Credit: The Life and Times of Mrs. DNJ
These 20 + solutions are small steps towards helping you
Count to Four and Get Motivated NOW!