Want to see Your Name in Lights?
Here is a list of some of the backing material used for back-lit signs.
• CONTINUOUS CAST ACRYLIC – Such as econo-Acrylic are well suited for many sign applications. They offer easy handling and high optical characteristics. The approximate cost of a 4′ x 8′ .118″ thick sheets is $69.00.
• CELL CAST ACRYLIC – Is weather impact resistant, light weight, formable and offers optically clear transparency. Approximate cost of a4’x8′ .118″ thick sheet is $110.00. LUMASITE, a material similar to that of cast acrylic, offers a combination of strength and rigidity which permits fabrication techniques common to aluminum or sheet metal forming. The approximate cost of a 4′ x 8′ .090″ thick sheet of LUMASITE is $104.00.
• POLYCARBONATES – Such as Lexan, Sungard 2005 or PC 2000 is a high impact sign material and offers extremely good fade resistance. Approximate cost of a 4′ x 8′ .118″ thick sheet is $105.00.
• THERMOPLASTIC LAMINATED SHEETS – Offer good color stability and weatherability and good light transmission. However, this material is non-rigid and must be installed as a sign face with a hanging bar. Approximate cost of a 4′ x 8′ corrugated color sheet is $60.00 Approximate cost of a 4′ x 8′ .100″ thick flat color sheet is $73.00.
• POLYESTER REINFORCED WHITE TRANSLUCENT FLEXIBLE VINYL – Such as Cooley Brite, Ultraflex, Ultralon and 3M Panaflex offers high impact resistance and excellent outdoor durability. Some can be decorated with pressure sensitive vinyls while others can be decorated with acrylic paint, heat transfer ink and by silk screening. As flexible as the thermoplastic sheet, the polyester film also requires mounting clips or a bar assembly to support the sign face. Approximate cost of a 5′ x 6′ roll is $58.00. When deciding on which backing material to use it is also important to note the length of the warranty. Example: Lexan has a five-year warranty against fading and yellowing and a 3-year limited warranty against breakage and coating failure.
Ask RJ’s Sign & Designs for details.