Seven Keys to Create Climates in Sales Negotiations!
• Body Language – Avoid gestures that are inconsistent with what is said.
• Creativity – Avoid using either/or alternatives. Use new and creative alternatives.
• Open Mindedness – Be open minded to all potential strategies and tactics.
• Questions – Use questions to establish your prospect’s needs, to clarify issues, to consider new alternatives.
• Neutrality – Avoid value judgements. Use neutral, descriptive terms. Don’t assume the role of the teacher.
• Listening – Listen carefully to what your prospect has to say.
• Communicate clearly – Avoid using technical terms and cliches. Complex language builds barriers between you and your prospect.
By Gerard Nierenberg (Superachievers -Personal Selling power)